A tennis bracelet has a background story. Read it below about the origination of the Bracelet.
Are you thinking about how the “Tennis Bracelet” got its name? Yes, you might think that the tennis bracelets have been around for hundreds of years, but this is not true in this case. The gold diamond tennis bracelet comes in a wide variety of styles, designs and has a variation of clasp type, prong type.
Tennis bracelet name comes from tennis player Chirs Evert’s bracelet. Thanks to Chris, She is an American World No. 1 tennis player, who had a prolific career that stemmed from 1972 to 1989. During a ferocious match in the US open her George Bedewi diamond bracelet broke and fell off her wrist.
This occurred due to the clasp on her bracelet snapping. Chris Evert actually asked the officials on the court if they could stop the match until the diamond bracelet was recovered. Ever since that memorable moment, George Bedewi immediately became popular within the jewelry industry and jewelers everywhere were creating a bracelet with handmade in line diamonds and secure clasps. This is now known as the “Tennis Bracelet”.
Now we are going to the focus topic of what is a tennis bracelet…
What is a Tennis Bracelet?
A tennis bracelet is a simple bracelet that holds small diamonds or gems connected by a thin, precious metal chain. Like a piece of fine jewelry, tennis bracelets are usually made from 14k or 18k yellow gold, white gold, rose gold, platinum or 925 sterling silver.
Originally, a tennis bracelet was known as a “line diamond bracelet” — a name that is still used on occasion and in function today. Like many other pieces of jewelry, the tennis bracelet has since earned a name that is more the result of a notable public event than its origins of function.
Where To Buy a Best Tennis Bracelet?
Similar to when buying a diamond engagement ring, you want to purchase your tennis bracelet from a reputable, reliable and high rated jewelry store. Based on your years of experience, we recommend the following stores for tennis bracelets and other fine and traditional jewelry. As well as a wide collection that makes it easy to find something that suits your style and your wrist. Read our reviews of Gemone Diamonds to learn more.
When it comes to determining the quality of a diamond tennis bracelet, You will want to pay attention to two elements. 1. The type of metal that’s used to make the bracelet, 2. The beauty of the stone.
We frequently receive questions about how much a tennis bracelet should cost. A tennis bracelet rate depends on the metal type, the gram weight of the metal, the size of the stone and a number of stones.
Diamonds Tennis Bracelet Style and Setting
Style of a tennis bracelet modify. While most designs contain one line or loop of stones. Some bracelets have a double line or even triple line of stones. Most tennis bracelets use round brilliant cut stone, although some design includes a princess cut. And some other shape also available like the emerald cut, cushion cut, marquise and oval cut.
Prong settings are normally one of three varieties that is prong ( two-prong, three-prong, four-prong), Channel, Bezel and Bar setting. Each setting style securely holds the diamonds and offers a unique look. Just like with metals, there is no “best” bracelet design – except, the design you choose should be based on own choice.
- Prong Setting: Normally three or four prongs per diamond both settings are safe. Two prong setting is very rare it depends on fashion. The metal prong holds the diamond and allows light to pass through the diamond’s Pavillion and cuts.
- Channel Setting: Designed with two lines of thin metal to hold the diamond on either side (with the diamond in the middle). Diamonds fit closely together with each other to the help of prongs.
- Bezel Setting: Metal surrounds the stone, similar to a watch head. In a half bezel, metal is connected to only two sides of the stone.
How to pick the perfect tennis bracelet?
When it comes to buying a diamond tennis bracelet, you need to consider what lifestyle you have. We now that tennis stars are wearing them, so if you do have an active/sporty lifestyle or you purely fancy a change from heavy bangles, then you should definitely consider investing in one of these beautiful pieces.
Don’t forget, you do not need an Evert moment. So for this particular design of the bracelet, it is necessary to form sure they’re not too loose otherwise they’ll snag. People who are too tight can pinch or stretch so getting the right fit is important. You’ll always enter in and see us if you would like to receive the right measurements and sizes.
One important feature that you will want to be sure that your diamond tennis bracelet includes is a safety clasp that will keep your bracelet, firmly and secure on your wrist, just in case the original clasp was to come open or worse, break.
Most Diamond Tennis Bracelets will come equipped with this feature, especially if the bracelet piece falls into the higher price bracket.
How to decide the stone size of a tennis bracelet size?
Normally bracelet size does not matter as much as ring size do, though you still need to get as close as you can. One of the simplest ways to seek out the acceptable size for a diamond bracelet is to measure the person’s wrist. If you do not have access to a measuring tape, You’ll wrap a bit of yarn or a ribbon around their wrist, then cut it to size and measure it later.
Regardless of which measuring tool you use, make sure you add between half an inch and one inch to your total measurement to calculate bracelet size. For example, if the wrist measures six inches, consider a 6.5 or 7-inch bracelet.
If you’re buying the tennis bracelet as a gift and don’t know the person’s wrist size, start by using 7-7.5 as a starting guide. This is the most popular bracelet size for women. If you think the recipient has smaller or larger wrists than the average person, adjust up or down accordingly.
Tennis bracelets are always easily adjusted by removing a link to shorten the chain, meaning it’s less important to get the size exactly perfect than it is for a diamond engagement ring or other pieces of jewelry.
Know What Types of Clasp Used inTennis Bracelet:-
There are so many different clasp types of Tennis Bracelet. That is spring ring clasp, lobster clasp, barrel clasp, toggle, s-hook clasp, open box clasp, figure 8 safety, mystery, etc. Here are four famous clasps out of all of them.
- Spring Ring Clasp: This clasp is the most common type of jewelry clasp you’ll find in necklaces and bracelets. This clasp features a gold ring with a spring mechanism that is triggered by pulling back a small lever. This clasp type is elegant, versatile and secure – perfect for the tennis bracelet.
- Figure 8 Safety: This is a hinged safety lock with a cinched middle that clips over a button. A figure 8 safety is used to either supplement a clasp or to keep a hinged tennis bracelet closed.
- Lobster Clasp: Similar to the Spring Ring, the lobster clasp is another common form of jewelry clasp that features a metal oval ring with a spring mechanism that is triggered by pulling back a small lever. This clasp type is sturdy, versatile and secure – perfect for a four-line diamond tennis bracelet.
- Barrel Clasp: This Clasp features two metal pieces that screw together and look like a barrel. This style clasp can be very fiddly but is incredibly secure.