Each Month has its Special and unique Birthstone among which the Ruby is the Birthstone of the July month. Ruby is also known as the king of all stones. It’s one of the most coveted Gemstones. Generally, every individual’s heart has been set on the Ruby Gemstone because of its intrinsic Beauty. Wearing your Birthstone is a symbol of pride and elegance. Learn about July’s Birthstone.
Table of Content
What does the Ruby mean?
The Ruby is derived from the Latin word ruber, indicating “red”, the color of love, devotion, and affection. From the earlier times, the Rubies have meant wealth, passion, and prosperity. This Gemstone is predicted to bring luck and safety to your life.
Earlier cultures worshiped Ruby Birthstone for their likeness to the redness of the blood that flowed in veins and believed that Rubies are full of power. Ruby is one of the most historically effective colored gems.
Ruby Birthstone is also worn by the most renowned celebrities at their events, such as Emily Blunt, Naomi Watts, Scarlett Johansson, etc.
Where Ruby is found?
The Rubies are found in Burma (Myanmar). In India, The city of Karur itself is nicely-known for the Rubies. Ruby is also seen in Subramaniam also known as Red Hills, near Madikeri in Karnataka. Hence, they are found in Metamorphic Rocks.
The best places to find Rubies are Blood Kelp Zone, Bone Fields Caves, Bulb Zone, Dunes, etc.
Here, Rubies are natural and require no treatment rather than to be cut and polished. Rubies happen inherently all over the world.
Alternative of Birthstone of July Month
- Onyx– Many people think that the onyx is there to drive motivation and to constantly push you forward in your life.
- Carnelian– Carnelian Gemstone helps you to keep trusting yourself and your perceptions.
- Turquoise– It’s a great gemstone to accompany meditation.
Some Facts about the Ruby Gemstone
- Ruby is graded much like any other stone on the base of the color, clarity, carat weight, and cut.
- Thailand is one of the leading hubs for mining Ruby and its production, with other leading countries like Sri Lanka and India.
- Large Rubies with intense color and clarity are rare to find and the price also increases on the bases of their clarity and size.
- The Rich Red Color Rubies are considered to be the “Pigeon Blood Red” as they are extremely rare to find.
- There is also one misconception that the Rubies are red in color! 95% of Rubies are pinkish or purplish in color.
Do you know why the Rubies are given as Anniversary Gifts? As Gemstones are a part of the earth’s surface and they take millions of years to form under the earth’s crust. Hence, this is why it’s given to our loved ones as the promise to stay with them for a lifetime.
Ruby is the ideal Gemstone to celebrate your anniversary to keep your bond strong and everlasting. They are generally given at the 15th and 40th anniversary of the couple. So, complement your relationship with the Ruby that will add sparkle to your never-ending love
Where to Buy From?
Are you confused about buying the Gemstone Rings? Then you can surely visit our array of display “Gemstone Engagement Rings”. You can find every type of Gemstone and make your dream come true by purchasing your favored Gemstone Engagement Ring. So, if you are in search of an Engagement ring with a Ruby inside then you can surely contact us. As we can also create a Ring according to your requirement and needs.
Is Ruby Gemstone Suitable for the Engagement Ring?
Rubies are of the most durable and create the clearest image in the mind. They are not as hard as Diamonds but are harder than the other precious Gemstones. Because of their beauty and charm, Rubies make a great choice for the Engagement Rings and the Wedding Ring.
You can also look at our amazing collection of Ruby Gemstone Rings.